Everyday Extraordinary London
Registration Opens Soon for June 2020
Mark your calendar for our Everyday Extraordinary London tour June 2020 Discover first-hand some of the U.K.’s design resources, including both heritage brands and best-in-class innovators.
This tour is a mix of old and new, fashion and interiors, wall coverings and fabric, big brands and independents, producers and “thought producers”, etc.
See what the London tour is all about below, we know you’ll understand why we couldn’t wait to share it with you!
- See how the past informs the present with visits to several of the U.K.’s historic homes- Kew Palace, Leighton House or Kenwood House to name a few
- Afternoon Tea at one of London’s most fashionable spots
- A behind-the-scenes look at the intricate creative processes of some of London’s best design houses
- Private Tour of the Victoria and Albert Museum; plus the Dior: Designer of Dreams exhibition!
- Portobello Road Antiques Market
- Tour Hampton Court Palace featuring the Royal School of Needlework
- Explore London famous attractions- Big Ben, The Tower of London, Buckingham Palace
- Inspiring creative experiences including studio visits and hands-on opportunities incorporating some of the region’s most famous artistic traditions.
- Day trip to textile designer, Margo Selby’s studio with lunch by the sea.
- Thames River Cruise
- Aperitifs each evening while we review the day, compare notes, share stories, etc.
We’ll pencil in more design destinations and experience as as we get closer.
Email Us to get on our list…
A neighborhood steeped in sophistication, Mayfair is bounded by iconic Hyde Park to the west and ultra-trendy West End to the east, Green Park along its boundary and in its center-Grosvenor Square. It is bordered on the west by Park Lane, north by Oxford Street, east by Regent Street, and the south by Piccadilly. Our hotel, the Sheraton Park Lane, is across Piccadilly from Green Park and a short stroll to Buckingham Palace, St. James and the Royal Mews. London’s most attractive shopping area is right at our doorstep- explore department stores such as Selfridges, Liberty London and Fenwick on Bond street. Discover the British designer lined streets of Mount street, Bond street and Regent street for a taste of true British style. Get lost in the history of world-renowned Savile Row. Oh but there is more— Mayfair is also home to numerous galleries, which has given it a reputation as an international art hub. We are centrally located so we’ll hop on the underground to most of our appointments.
EVERYDAY EXTRAORDINARY U.K. TOUR INCLUDES: *
- 7 days/ 6 nights in London
- Four-star hotel accommodations in a celebrated art deco property in the heart of Mayfair
- Pick-up and return London Heathrow Airport
- Afternoon Tea
- Daily Continental breakfast
- Most lunches and dinners as noted.
- Evening aperitifs each evening while we review the day, compare notes, share stories, etc.
- All ground transportation to destinations and excursions.
- Entrance and guided tour fees to museums, workshops, attractions and festivals.
- Private visits to textile dealers, mills, design companies and collectors
- Pre-travel web session with Deb and Susan to preview locations, planning, travel details, and more.
As we fill our design dance card, we’ll update our itinerary.
OUR SAMPLE ITINERARY
- Download the registration form with all the details and policies
- Read the policies, fill out the form
- Send or scan and email the the registration form with the deposit check or credit card details
- That’s it! We’ll save you a seat.
Once we’ve received your deposit and registration we’ll send you more details and with our Welcome letter. As we get closer to our departure date, we’ll be sending you weekly email updates, tips and news as well as details to our Facebook Group and webinar.
Interested in learning more? Fill out the form below and you’ll be the first to know any updates.
Is my airfare included in the tour price?
No, air transportation to and from London is the responsibility of the participant. Private transportation to and from Heathrow is included. We will provide information on transfers from the airport to our hotel 10 days BEFORE tour departure.
Do I have to find a roommate?
No, our tour package is based on double occupancy hotel accomodations in London,we will assign roomies and introduce you prior to the trip. In the 10 years we have been doing this we have matched roomies well- with no issues. In fact, we have introduced many life long friends. If you prefer a single room, please contact us for supplement up-charge.
Is there anything else not included?
Unless otherwise indicated the following costs are not included in your tour price: airfares, visas, passport costs, travel insurance, vaccinations & medical expenses, discretional tipping or gratuities to leaders/guides, excess baggage, airport taxes, laundry, drinks, optional activities and trips, and any items of a personal nature.
* Travel costs from your departure city to London, England are not included
*Any meals except breakfast at the hotel and house as noted
*Any admissions or fees as noted
*Any additional transportation fees outside of those listed
*Optional activities and related entry fees & transportation are not included
*Travel and cancellation insurance
*Tips for guides, staff, taxis, etc.
*All items of a personal nature, such as telephone calls, laundry, pay TV, hotel mini-bars, etc ?
*All private excursions not specified in the itinerary
*Any public transport, taxi, local bus, rail or flights not specified in the itinerary
*Wine, liquor, soft drinks, and any other items not specifically mentioned as included above and listed here.
What if I have to cancel ?
The deposit is non-refundable; 90 days prior to tour date – 50% non-refundable; 30 days prior to tour date – 100% non-refundable. Cancellation within 30 days or less will result in forfeiture of the entire cost of the tour. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly advised; medical insurance is required.
Is there a payment plan?
You can guarantee your reservation with a non refundable $1000.00 deposit.
Do I need a Passport?
Passport and appropriate re‐entry visas according to government requirements at the time of travel are required. All pre‐travel documentation is the passenger’s responsibility. It should be finalized one month before departure. For the purposes of a short trip (less than 90 days), valid passports are required from every country for entry into United Kingdom. Visas are not required for visitors from the United States and several other countries. Please note your United States passport must be valid and NOT EXPIRE prior to six months after your return to the US from the United Kingdom.