Everyday Extraordinary: Netherlands
An exploration of Dutch design, with a full week discovering the Netherlands
2021 Dates Coming Soon!
Everyday Extraordinary Netherlands goes beyond the canals to take a deep dive into Dutch design. Part Minimalist, part Maximalist, experimental, innovative, unconventional, and always with a sense of humor- Dutch Design was born in Milan in 1993. Now you can get a up-close-and-personal view of all Dutch Design has to offer when you join us- Deb Barrett and Susan Schultz- for a week of Dutch design and inspiration.
In our 10 + years of producing and hosting luxury design tours, we’ve gathered an amazing list of resources–design ateliers, boutiques, restaurants, hidden museums, insider experiences and much more. From our base at a four-star hotel, you’ll have eight days to explore the Netherlands. From studio visits of well-known Dutch Designers like Marcel Wanders, Kiki & Joost, Piet Hein Eek to innovative firms like EE Exclusive and Vilsco, we’ll explore the cities considered the ultimate Dutch Design breeding grounds- Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Tillburg.
Imagine yourself in a truly authentic Amsterdam ambiance in this beautiful seventeenth-century building, the 4 star Hotel Estherea, along Amsterdam’s oldest canal: the Singel. Dream away with the richly colored interior, the crystal chandeliers, the luxurious fabrics and the expressive prints. Hotel Estheréa is the perfect starting point for discovering and exploring the city, as it’s located right in the very heart of Amsterdam.
This boutique hotel has been run by a family for more than 75 years. The premises started out as a guest house with 12 rooms and is now included on UNESCO’s world heritage list and has undergone a significant transformation.
The 5-star NH Collection Eindhoven Centre is exceptionally located in the heart of the city, making it an ideal base for us. With the train station, museums and some of the city’s finest stores nearby, the hotel itself is housed in a contemporary local landmark the Groene Toren, or Green Tower. Its exterior metropolitan look continues inside where the highest level of comfort is complemented by luxurious furnishings. Opened in 2017, its recently awarded fifth star is proof of the highest standards in service offered throughout.
$5200 double occupancy*
Guarantee your reservation with a $1500 deposit
*contact us for single supplement rates
Fill out the Form below to Save Your Seat !
- 8 days/7 nights at a four-star hotel in Amsterdam- double occupancy
- Pick-up and delivery from airports or train stations (Airfare not included)
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Lunches and dinners as described in itinerary
- 1st Class train transportation between Amsterdam and Eindhoven
- Admission to events, tours, venues on itinerary
- Architectural Canal Tour
- Guided museum tours including Rijksmuseum
- Hands-on workshops
- Dutch Design Crawl featuring the work of famous Dutch designers
- VIP amenities at hotel
- Design destinations and insider access to showrooms and ateliers across he Netherlands
- Transportation to/from appointments and venues
- Private Lifestyle experiences to explore Dutch Design
- Tillburg Textile Museum
- Farewell dinner
- As-you-wish meet-ups for cocktails to review the day compare notes, share stories, etc.
- Pre-travel web session with Deb and Susan to preview locations, M&O planning, travel details, our faves and more
- Download the registration form with all the details and policies
- Read the policies, fill out the form
- Send or email the the registration form with the deposit check or credit card details
- Once we’ve received your deposit and registration we’ll send you more details and with our Welcome letter.
As we get closer to our departure date, we’ll be sending you weekly email updates, tips and news as well as details to our Facebook Group and webinar.
Is my airfare included in the tour price?
No, air transportation the Netherlands is the responsibility of the participant. You will need to be in Amsterdam from Thursday May 7, 2020. (Flying overnight Wednesday, May 6, 2020.) Please arrange your flights accordingly. Private transportation to and from Airport is included. We will provide information on transfers from the airport to our hotel 10 days BEFORE tour departure.
Do I have to find a roommate?
No, our tour package is based on double occupancy, but we will assign roomies and introduce you prior to the trip. In the 10 years we have been doing this we have matched roomies well- with no issues. In fact, we have introduced many lifelong friends. If you prefer a single room, please contact us for supplement up-charge.
Is there anything else not included?
Passport fees, visa (non-U.S. citizen), personal and/or baggage insurance, excess baggage, meals, tours and entrance fees not specified in the itinerary, all items of a personal nature such as laundry, cleaning, telephone, and beverages. Wine, liquor, soft drinks, tips to porters, drivers and local guides, and any other items not specifically mentioned as included above and listed here.
Also not included are the following:
- Any meals except breakfast at the hotel and dinners as noted
- Any admissions or fees except as noted
- Any additional transportation fees outside of those listed above (i.e., we’re not bussing you to/from the shows at a specific time, you get there when you want and leave when you want, courtesy of those all-zone transit passes)
- Optional activities, entries & transportation is on you.
- Travel and cancellation insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides, hotel staff, taxis, etc.
- All items of a personal nature, such as telephone calls, laundry, pay TV, hotel mini-bars, etc
- All private excursions not specified in the itinerary
- Any public transport, taxi, local bus, rail or flights not specified in the itinerary
What if I have to cancel?
The deposit is non-refundable; 90 days prior to tour date – 50% non-refundable; 30 days prior to tour date – 100% non-refundable. Cancellation within 30 days or less will result in forfeiture of the entire cost of the tour. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly advised; medical insurance is required.
Is there a payment plan?
You can guarantee your reservation with a nonrefundable $1500.00 deposit. Balance of the package price is due as follows: $2500.00 due July 15, 2020 and balance of $1500.00 due on or by September 1, 2020. You may pay by check or credit card and we invoice you through PayPal.