January 20 – 26, 2021
Join us- experienced Paris devotees Deb Barrett and Susan Schultz- for a week of textiles, design and inspiration January 15-21, 2020. In our 10+ years of regularly visiting Paris for the amazing Maison&Objet show, we’ve gathered an amazing list of resources–design ateliers, boutiques, restaurants, hidden museums, insider experiences and much more. From our base at a four-star hotel, you’ll have seven days to explore Paris, Maison & Objet and what’s becoming the best global design event – Paris Deco Off- celebrating a decade of success.
If you have a #textileobsession like we do, you need to be in Paris in January! Here are 5 reasons why you should come with us to Paris in January 20121.
1. You won’t feel like a tourist
You’ll be able can soak up the sights without the crowds and live like a Parisian. The streets get quiet, the gobs of tourists melt away, and the city has a calm, enigmatic atmosphere.
2. Inspiration on Steriods
The French are passionate about their culture.The January exhibition list includes the monumental Leonardo Da Vinci at the Louvre, Toulouse- Lautrec at the Grand Palais and Degas at the Opera at the Orsay.
3. Winter is the only time of year for a Vin Chaud
Only found this time of year, this classic French winter warmer is perfect to cozy up at a café and people watch.
4. Les Soldes
France is the design and fashion capital of the world and January means the first sale of the year and a perfect time to shop! (don’t forget to pack an extra bag for all your goodies.)
5. Paris Deco Off
Last, but not least, Paris Deco Off features so many new textile introductions from international companies, it takes us weeks to sort through all the goodies. And the 2020 edition launches @parisdecohomeofficial- a “pop-up” concept in key Paris neighborhoods to decor brands other than textiles and wallcoverings. So as much as we loooove fabric, we’re incredibly excited to see what the “home team” will add to our Paris experience in January.
Join us in Paris this January to discover not only the best of the new international textile collections, but some of the best in international design!
We’re going back to Paris and will be taking an exclusive group of design aficionados on our Paris Decor Tour, in January 2021. The group is limited to 10 people to keep the low-key, non-tour approach. Explore the ultimate “City of Dreams” with a group of like-minded designers. We’ve revamped our Paris Décor Tour itinerary to focus on truly unique design discoveries, atelier visits and Parisian experiences that capture that unique French savoir faire. We are calling it the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous: French History Edition. Think Versailles, Malmaison, Fountainebleu and more.
This is a once in a lifetime tour with other design pros. Join us as we explore Paris through a designer’s eyes. We’re staying in the Saint Germain neighborhood- home to restaurants, shops, open air markets, and hip boutiques. We’ll help you turn this trip into a way to leverage your business with pre- trip webinars, postings, and exclusive design destinations during our stay.
Topping it off, you’ll experience Paris as a design insider with what has become the tours’ signature- private design destinations- to some of the best and most exclusive ateliers and showrooms in Paris.
Our Paris Decor Tour itinerary doesn’t have your ordinary tourist stops (feel free to explore those on your own) we have curated excursions and destinations custom made for your creative eye. After all, Paris is where artists, writers and design creatives get their inspiration. We have crafted what we think is the perfect blend of Group time and Alone time. Not only will you explore Paris, but you’ll live the Parisian. Life. Style. Some of the activities you’ll enjoy :
- Atelier and Artisan Visits
- Private presentations during Paris Deco Off
- Hosted trip to Clignacourt flea market, plus the smaller- but- some-think- better, Vanves flea market with recommendations for our favorite vendors
- Late afternoon- Versailles guided tour including the Palace, Royal Seranade, Fountain show in the Gardens and fireworks.
- Get-to-know-you champagne tasting
- Guided tours of Paris’ hidden gem museums like Nissim de Camondo, Yves Saint Laurent, and Jacquemart-Andre.
- Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Day
- Exclusive design destinations, ateliers and studio visits culled from our little black book
The neighborhood is quintessential Paris. The chic Left Bank district, home to posh boutiques, eateries and the 6th-century Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Paris’s oldest church. Sidewalk booksellers sell vintage titles on the banks of the Seine. Boulevard Saint-Germain draws tourists and literature fans to iconic cafes like Les Deux Magots and Flore, once favored by writers such as Hemingway and Camus. We are just a few steps away from the Louvre Museum, the Place de la Concorde, the Palais Royal and the Champs Elysées. T Stroll the famous Rue de Buci food market and pick up a baguette, cheese or foie gras for a Sunday picnic. Rue de Bac finds some of the world’s best linen shops. See world class art between the Seine and St. Germain at amazing art galleries. Don’t miss Laudree, in Madeleine Castaing’s apartment on the corner of Rue Bonaparte and Rue Jacob for macaroons and tea. Oh, we could go on and on… you’ll just have to join us to get our must- see-and -do list !
The Hotel d’Aubusson on the Left Bank, is ideally located between Ile de la Cité and the Luxembourg gardens. Our hotel is housed in an authentic 17th century mansion and is a privileged observer of the rich history of the district. The recently renovated interior patio offers a moment of tranquillity in the heart of Paris. Enjoy a generous breakfast in the morning or tea in the afternoon. You can end your day with one of our delicious cocktails, away from the hustle and bustle of Paris at the Laurent Bar. The hotel spa and pool also awaits you.
6 days/5 nights in Paris, January 2021 includes:
Hotel Aubusson, 5- star Left Bank hotel, double-occupancy in the heart of Paris (Super-convenient location) Five minute walk to the subway. Walking distance of the Louvre, Orsay, Notre Dame, Luxembourg Gardens, Sorbonne and surrounded by art galleries, restaurants and shops.
- 7 days/6 nights at the Hotel Aubusson in Paris- double occupancy. A five star hotel in the center of Paris
- Pick-up and delivery from Paris airports or train stations (Airfare not included)
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Metro pass
- Private Lifestyle experiences to explore the secrets of Parisian Chic
- Hosted trips to Paris flea markets with recommendations for our favorite vendors
- Special “small producer” Champagne tasting
- As-you-wish meet-ups for cocktails to review the day compare notes, share stories, etc.
- Pre-travel web session with Deb and Susan to preview locations, M&O planning, travel details, our Paris faves and more
- Cruise on the river Seine
- VIP amenties at hotel
- Design destinations and insider access to showrooms and ateliers across Paris
- Paris Deco Off
- Maison & Objet
- Transportation to/from appointments and venues
- Farewell Dinner
Guarantee your reservation with a non refundable $1495.00 deposit.
* Single occupancy rooms are available for an upcharge. If you have a travel partner, let us know that as well.
Fill out the form to save your seat!
1. Download the registration form with all the details and policies
2. Read the policies, fill out the form
3. Send or email the the registration form with the deposit check or credit card details
Once we’ve received your deposit and registration we’ll send you more details and with our Welcome letter.
As we get closer to our departure date, we’ll be sending you weekly email updates, tips and news as well as details to our Facebook Group and webinar.
QUESTIONS? Email me
Here’s what is in store if you join us in January!
Is my airfare included in the tour price?
No, air transportation to and from Paris is the responsibility of the participant. You will need to be in Paris from Wednesday, January 20, 2021 to Tuesday, January 26, 2021. (Flying overnight Tuesday, January 19, 2021.) Please arrange your flights accordingly. Private transportation to and from Charles de Gaulle Airport is included. We will provide information on transfers from the airport to our hotel 10 days BEFORE tour departure.
Do I have to find a roommate?
No, our tour package is based on double occupancy, but we will assign roomies and introduce you prior to the trip. In the 10 years we have been doing this we have matched roomies well- with no issues. In fact, we have introduced many life long friends. If you prefer a single room, please contact us for supplement up-charge.
Is there anything else not included?
Passport fees, visa (non-U.S. citizen), personal and/or baggage insurance, excess baggage, meals, tours and entrance fees not specified in the itinerary, all items of a personal nature such as laundry, cleaning, telephone, and beverages. Wine, liquor, soft drinks, tips to porters, drivers and local guides, and any other items not specifically mentioned as included above and listed here.
Also not included are the following:
- Any meals except breakfast at the hotel as noted
- Any admissions or fees except for the M&O show, Deco Off and museum passes as noted
- Any additional transportation fees outside of those listed above
- Optional activities, entries & transportation is on you.
- Travel and cancellation insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides, hotel staff, taxis, etc.
- All items of a personal nature, such as telephone calls, laundry, pay TV, hotel mini-bars, etc
- All private excursions not specified in the itinerary
- Any public transport, taxi, local bus, rail or flights not specified in the itinerary
What if I have to cancel ?
The deposit is non-refundable; 90 days prior to tour date – 50% non-refundable; 30 days prior to tour date – 100% non-refundable. Cancellation within 30 days or less will result in forfeiture of the entire cost of the tour. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly advised; medical insurance is required.
Is there a payment plan?
You can guarantee your reservation with a non refundable $1495.00 deposit . Balance of the package price is due in two installments to be announced later in 2020. You may pay by check or credit card and we invoice you through PayPal.