GET ON THE WAITLIST- SUMMER '21
With this 12 week course you’ll gain all the necessary skills to design couture window coverings. Successfully complete the program and you’ll become a Certified Window Treatment Specialist.
Become a master.
Window treatments are a complex business from design details to specifying and selling…
- Master the complex art of custom window coverings to build a better bottom line.
- Take deep dive of window covering concepts, techniques and project management to acquire the skills to perfect even the most challenging aspects of window treatments.
- Gain knowledge of constructions, structures, and fine points of couture techniques; where they are appropriate and their applications.
- Interpret the client’s functional, decorative and budgetary needs to identify problems and solutions to the client.
The best certification.
Did you realize there are more than 100+ decisions the designer makes in the custom window design process? I’ll share the tricks of the trade as we delve into the intricate window fashion design process.
- Get your creative juices flowing as we take you beyond the basics.
- Gain insights into the best practices of the design process.
- Be inspired to flex your design muscle with an in-depth examination of the secrets of impeccably tailored treatments.
- Delve into offset pairs and multiple draws, ripplefolds, comparable fullness, using a proportion wheel and more.
- Enrich your design notebook with real-life tested solutions, options and dressmaker details.
- Build a stellar Portfolio and Mood Boards to showcase your work.
Learn from the experts.
Program begins Wednesday, March 24, 2021. Sessions will be held weekly on Wednesday at 10am EST/ 9am CST/ 7am PST Mentoring sessions will be held Fridays at 10am EST 9am CST/ 7am PST
What they're saying about my courses.
“Just wanted to say how much I loved the webinar. Always so much to learn and what’s best is to take advantage of all you
r knowledge.” Patti Connors
“As usual, your
presentation was fast paced and chunked full
of great information and cause for incorporating into live jobs now! I was completely absorbed in your presentation.
Thank you so much for giving me a jolt of creativity which I seriously needed.”
“To someone to whom I am indebted professionally. Your classes have
contributed to the designer I am today, and I am extremely grateful for all the
inspiration you have shared over the years.” Linda Bassert
- The Industry Hierarchy
- The Sourcing Short List
- Speak the Language- Window Coverings Glossary
- Understanding Drapery Hardware
- Measuring for Success: Hard Treatments & Soft Treatments
- Elements & Principles of Design on the Window
- Color in Window Treatments
- Textiles 101
- Linings and Interlinings
- Selecting the Appropriate Fabric
- Planning for Soft Custom Treatments
- Getting the Calculations Right
- Window Treatment Guidelines and Rules of Thumb
- The Art and Science of Pattern at the Window
- Pattern Repeats
- Yardage Calculations
- Pattern Placement
- Advanced Skills: Specialty Window Options
- Advanced Skills: It’s All in the Details
- Designer’s Guide to Installation
- Tools and Techniques / Tips and Tricks
- Connecting and Communication with the Client
- Powerful Presentations
- Best Practices for Window Covering Pros
- Pricing/Packages and Project Management
- Let’s Wrap it Up