Become a master.
Window treatments are a complex business from design details to specifying and selling…
- Master the complex art of custom window coverings to build a better bottom line.
- Take deep dive of window covering concepts, techniques and project management to acquire the skills to perfect even the most challenging aspects of window treatments.
- Gain knowledge of constructions, structures, and fine points of couture techniques; where they are appropriate and their applications.
- Interpret the client’s functional, decorative and budgetary needs to identify problems and solutions to the client.
The best certification.
Did you realize there are more than 100+ decisions the designer makes in the custom window design process? I’ll share the tricks of the trade as we delve into the intricate window fashion design process.
- Get your creative juices flowing as we take you beyond the basics.
- Gain insights into the best practices of the design process.
- Be inspired to flex your design muscle with an in-depth examination of the secrets of impeccably tailored treatments.
- Delve into offset pairs and multiple draws, ripplefolds, comparable fullness, using a proportion wheel and more.
- Enrich your design notebook with real-life tested solutions, options and dressmaker details.
- Build a stellar Portfolio and Mood Boards to showcase your work.
Learn from the experts.
Sessions weekly on Wednesday at 10am EST/ 9am CST/ 7am PST Mentoring sessions will be held Fridays at 10am EST 9am CST/ 7am PST
What they're saying about my courses.
“Just wanted to say how much I loved the webinar. Always so much to learn and what’s best is to take advantage of all your knowledge.” Patti Connors
“As usual, your presentation was fast paced and chunked full of great information and cause for incorporating into live jobs now! I was completely absorbed in your presentation. Thank you so much for giving me a jolt of creativity which I seriously needed.” Connie Krapf
“To someone to whom I am indebted professionally. Your classes have
contributed to the designer I am today, and I am extremely grateful for all the inspiration you have shared over the years.” Linda Bassert
- The Industry Hierarchy
- The Sourcing Short List
- Speak the Language- Window Coverings Glossary
- Understanding Drapery Hardware
- Measuring for Success: Hard Treatments & Soft Treatments
- Elements & Principles of Design on the Window
- Color in Window Treatments
- Planning for Custom Treatments
- Getting the Calculations Right
- Window Treatment Guidelines and Rules f Thumb
- Textiles 101
- Linings and Interlinings
- Selecting the Appropriate Fabric
- The Art and Science of Pattern at the Window
- Pattern Repeats
- Yardage Calculations
- Pattern Placement
- Advanced Skills: Specialty Window Options
- Advanced Skills: Case Studies
- Advanced Skills: It’s All in the Details
- Designer’s Guide to Installation
- Crafting Powerful Presentations
- Best Practices for Window Covering Pros