Window Treatment Certification Course
Get on the Waiting List
Did you realize there are more than 100+ decisions the designer makes in the custom window design process? And at any one step, things can go wrong. Window treatments are a complex business from design details to specifying and selling. Learn the tricks of the trade as we delve into the intricate window treatment design process.
After creating successful training programs for the industry’s biggest players, I have launched my window treatment certification course with you in mind. I’ll pull back the curtain to unveil the secrets of bespoke window treatments with this course. Are you ready to conquer custom window coverings? Then my Window Treatment Certification course is for you!
Consisting of 12 weekly 1.5 hour live webinar sessions, exercises and hands-on projects, plus a 1 hour weekly mentoring session the certification course offers you real time tools, advice, and inspiration all meant to help you master the intricate custom window covering niche.
We’ll cover everything you need to know to succeed, from the elements that make up the vocabulary of custom window treatment design including calculating yardages, drapery hardware and drapery weights, to what fabrics and linings each works best plus pattern placement.
We’ll focus on all the challenging aspects of designing window fashions including offset pairs and multiple draws, ripplefolds, comparable fullness, using a proportion wheel and much more. Finally, I’ll inspire you to flex your design muscle with a in-depth examination of the secrets of impeccably tailored treatments. All to set you up to become a Certified Window Treatment Specialist.
Looking forward to using my new skills to translate to higher sales, giving my customer’s fabulous drapery and communicating with my workroom on fabricating my customer’s drapery with more couture finishing details. I Am So Excited!! Janet Stoddart, Interior Motives
What You’ll Learn:
- Master the complex art and math of custom window coverings to build a better bottom line.
- Apply the elements and principles of design to create window treatments that solve design dilemmas
- Learn fundamentals of specifying window fashions including calculating yardages, figuring fullness.
- Employ advanced specifying techniques to set you apart from the competition
- Gain knowledge of constructions, structures, and fine points of couture techniques; where they are appropriate and their applications.
- Build a one-of-a kind couture portfolio of inspired techniques, processes and creative window treatment stylings
- Apply design strategies to create couture window treatments
- Identify color schemes and their relationship to window treatments
- Differentiate between constructions, fibers, finishes of home furnishings fabrics.
- Interpret the client’s functional, decorative and budgetary needs for window treatments to identify problems and solutions to the client.
- Prepare a design notebook, portfolio and mood boards
- Communicate with members of your team and your client through sketching, photography and visualization.
- Examine fee structures and pricing strategies and choose one that’s best suited for you.
First of all, let me say that I truly enjoyed your course and thank you for the plethora of information and helpful tools you provided. Sheryl Simmons, Decorating Den
What You’ll Get
- 12 weekly sessions That’s more than 18 hours of in-depth content highlighting core foundations and advanced skill sets for window covering pros.
- 12 one hour mentoring sessions featuring an interactive discussion on a weekly topic. It’s a real time tool, offering you advice and inspiration.
- Presentations and Manuals delivered through visual aids, with over 1000 slides highlight the core foundations needed to complete any design project.
- Individual session executive summary to take notes during session.
- Materials, handouts, collateral materials, white papers, and worksheets to jumpstart your certification journey.
- Exercises to test your design skills and interactive projects designed so when finished you will have ready-to-go materials- portfolio, mood boards, forms, etc.
- Desktop Textile Reference Guide and swatch kit
- Access to all 12 session recordings. Webinar recordings are available during the course and for 30 days after to review at your own pace.
- Complimentary access to on demand webinar library filled with rich window treatment design content and current topics like wellness, best practices and post pandemic trends.
- Certification Test and Certificate of Completion
- Press release
- Use of certification appellation and badge to be used on all marketing materials
I am so excited to receive the certification! I truly enjoyed your class and learned so much. You are a wonderful teacher. Lisa Russo, Lisa Rose Interiors
Certification Course Syllabus
If You Don’t Know Me…
As a window fashion visionary, creative catalyst and industry presence for more than 30 years, I am a design expert with a unique perspective. As a design creative, I turned my passion for window fashions into Window Dressings, an award-winning couture window treatment design firm and built a reputation for cutting edge couture treatments whose specialty is finding creative solutions to challenging design problems. This has led to more than 25 years of designing, training and mentoring design professionals about the ever evolving world of window coverings.
With my expertise, I can offer you insights into complex and often maligned and underserved category world of window fashions. I love to share inspirations, innovations and influences translating them into real life applications.
So let’s get started…..