A Unique Venetian Dream Come True!
Our wonderful guest chef from Provence just happens to be from Venice and that got us thinking…there’s so much great textile and design history in Venice, so many new resources to discover and explore. Everyday Extraordinary Venice was born!
We’ve booked a fabulous 4-story palazzo in the Castello sestieri as our home base—complete with its own boathouse, because it’s right on a canal! So join us as we say “ciao” to one of the world’s most treasured cities, September 19-24, 2017. Here’s just a sampling of how’ll you’ll make everyday extraordinary:
* A private, guided tour to Luigi Bevilacqua, one of the world’s top fabric houses.
* Discover the mystique of Fortuny first-hand.
* Visit the Rubelli archives, with its textile designs going back to the Middle Ages.
* A behind-the-scenes look at the intricate process of hand-made lace, an almost-lost Venetian tradition.
* Design your own Carnevale mask
* Guided museum tours including the Correr and Palazzo Mocenigo, Venice’s textile and costume museum
* Bead / jewelry making
* Treasure hunting at a world class antique show. Our trip coincides with the the famous three-time-a-year antique show & flea market
* Create your own scent under the guidance of Mavive Parfums